Jamaican Jerk Chicken



My husband fell in love with Jerk Chicken some time back, when he tried it in Jamaica. He all of a sudden had a taste for it and I can't find anywhere around me that sales it. SO I decided to try and pull it off on my own. It came out finger licking good literally. I make it at least once a week now. That ground ginger I now use on anything. It totally intensifies the flavor. Gotta try this recipe, whether you like spice or not.  No joke, very good.

I've heard of some already made store bought sauces that you can use as the marinade for the jerk chicken. Which also tastes great. But its nothing like making it from scratch.


Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hour 30 min
Source: Elise Jackson

Ingredients
6 - 8 chicken thighs
1/2 lime
1 spring onion or scallions chopped
1tsp crushed garlic
1 red pepper chopped
seasonings: lawrys all purpose seasoning, salt, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground black pepper, granulated onion, ground allspice, ground cloves, optional: creole seasonings for extra flavor

Directions

Preheat the over to 375F or approximately 190C

Thoroughly clean chicken, and it is up to you if you want to leave the skin on or off. Then lightly season with a little all purpose seasoning or salt and pepper. Set aside.



In a food processor or blender place the spring onions, red pepper, garlic, lime juice and a little of each of the seasonings. I always add in a little extra ground ginger ( I am in love with it) and blend well until all creamed together. Then pour the marinade on top of your seasoned chicken and mix in with your hand until the marinade is all over the chicken.



Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for about 45 min to 1 hour, remove chicken from the oven and drain out the water at the bottom and return the chicken to the oven uncovered for another 15 min.

Goes great with just about anything. I enjoyed it with a nice mango salsa and rice and peas.
Tip: If you choose not to bake it, this tastes great grilled also.

Print Recipe

From my kitchen to yours
God Bless




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes