Spaghetti


Lately I have had the taste for some spaghetti. My husband has the ultimate spaghetti sauce recipe. Mouthwatering.... In the house, when it comes to making certain things like spaghetti, cookies, brownies. Damien is the one who makes it : - ) shame to say but he is much better at those 3 things than me...

But because I love his spaghetti recipe so much. I stood by him and practiced over and over again until I got it right... Finally I did.

Tip: sometimes you like something that I post here on my blog or even something that someone else makes. But you never try to learn to make it for yourself. If you don't learn how do you expect to have it again. The person won't always be there making it for you every time that you ask...


Make your pasta as instructed on the packet to be 'Al Dente' meaning not too hard and not too soft. Then follow the directions below for the sauce. Here are more tips on getting the perfect spaghetti

Ingredients
20oz ground turkey or beef
1 jar of tomato sauce
7 mushrooms sliced
1/2 onion diced
1/2 green pepper diced
seasonings: pinch lawrys all purpose seasoning,  black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
1/2 tsp or more of sugar


In a pot add a little oil and cook your ground meat on medium heat until almost fully cooked. Add in your seasonings and continue to cook  for a few more minutes until all well mixed in and browned. Once fully cooked, add in your onion, pepper, mushrooms and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Lower the heat to low and add in your tomato sauce and the same jar filled half way with water, now also add in your sugar.

Allow to cook on low heat for about 15-20 minutes mixing every few minutes just to not burn. All of your flavors will combine together very well and will taste amazing. Try it... Normally I always add a few more sprinkles of sugar at the end. It needs to have a very slight sweet kick. Tats the whole trick of the sauce.

Normally people are shocked when I say that you need to add sugar to your tomato sauce. But it is a really good tip to always remember. Tomato sauce is normally a bit acidic. Adding the sugar, cuts the acid and causes for a delicious flavor.

Print Recipe
From my kitchen to yours
Enjoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes