Neapolitan Cake



Just the other day I made a cake with 3 flavors in the batter. Strawberry, chocolate and vanilla. Boy oh boy was it good, and look how cool it looks with all the swirls. I chose these 3 flavors cause its what I had at home and I thought it would look cool but you can choose whatever colors you want and you can use as many colors as you see fit; and make it a super cool rainbow cake. kkkkk…. just don't mind the hideous florescent blue icing I used kkkk… its all I had at home and I didn't feel like running to the store to get food coloring or anything else. So blue icing it is. The point is that the neapolitan cake was amazingly good blue icing or not : - )

To get this cake all you need to do is make a fresh batch of cake from scratch. Here is one of my basic cake recipes. Then you will separate your cake batter into as many bowls you want ( each bowl will be colored a different color) You will use food coloring/ food dye to color your cake batter each a different color. I used pink, brown and yellow ( but I didn't have food coloring so what I did instead was use chocolate powder, strawberry powder and vanilla to make my flavors Neapolitan as well as to make the colors different.


Preheat your oven to 350F or 175C and After mixing in your colors to each bowl. Grease and flour your cake tin and then you need to carefully layer your colors on top of each other in the tin one at a time until its all done. For example: Put one layer of pink,  then on top of that yellow,  on top of that brown then go again pink, yellow, brown  or whatever colors you are using. etc. until the entire batter is gone. Do not mix in your colors AT ALL once in the tin. Follow the cake recipe above and bake in the oven for 45 minutes until done. Your done and ready to serve. Eat it just as it is or frost it and serve,Once you cut into the middle you will get to see your rainbow design. 

Try using a variety of bright colors to get a really nice, fun, colorful cake.
From my kitchen to yours
God Bless



Comments

  1. Yummmmm!
    Girl that looks absoluetly delicious!

    This is one I'm definately going to try soon.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that cake it was good I want more make more please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! mmmm it looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?