How do I make hominy corn porridge?


Ingredients
2 cups hominy corn
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch salt

How to make it:
Soak hominy corn in water for a few hours or preferably overnight (If you are making this in a rush and don't have time to presoak your hominy corn. No problem it will just take a little longer to cook because soaking softens the corn.) Put your hominy corn in a pot with about 2 1/2 to 3 cups water and boil on medium high heat for about 30 minutes or until they are very soft that you can cut it with a knife or poke it with a fork. and the water is nearly gone

Lower your heat to medium low and take half of your coconut milk and mix in the cornstarch to it until smooth. Put that in the pot as well as the rest of your coconut milk. It will automatically thicken your hominy corn mixture now add in nutmeg, vanilla evaporated milk and condensed milk. Bring to a light boil and then turn it off.


Serve hot, very delicious. I first tried this amazing breakfast porridge when I went to Jamaica, ever since then. I am always looking for Jamaican shops in America that sell it so that I can go buy it. But just the other day. I wanted some and didn't know where to buy it. So I decided to make my own and it came out so delicious and very easy to make.

Print Recipe


A MUST TRY... Spruce up you breakfast, try something new. Warm, Soothing, Healthy and Filling.


From my kitchen to yours
God Bless





Comments

  1. Mmmmmmmmm it looks nice and I can imagine the taste of it(creamy and sweet)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?