Welcome to Namibia



Namibia....  This was my view from the ride straight from the airport. Amazingly. Most of namibia looks like this, with bushes everywhere and the dry grass makes it look like dessert. A really different look than what I am used to in the U.S.A



Wow, I never thought I would ever come here. As I have mentioned I have had the honor of accompanying my husband on his 'Shoulda Been Dead' Book Tours worldwide. What a privilege indeed. A true privilege, with this I get to meet absolutely amazing people as are those from Namibia. If I could, I would stay with them forever. They are so wonderful and made our welcome her to Africa absolutely amazing.




Namibia is really beautiful in its own way. I can't really compare it with any other place I have been to. It is really different. There is a lot of open land which are filled with bushes, a lot of what they call shacks (houses that the person makes themselves out of Zinc; one thing is for sure these people are really creative and talented with their hands. If you see some of these houses... I don't know anyone who would think of making something like this) As we were driving around Namibia we came across these stores in the poorer areas of Namibia. Take a look:
A barber shop and a fast food restaurant

A hair salon


The people here are so friendly. I mean really, really friendly and such happy-go-lucky people. Oh my gosh.... And when they dance, they DANCE..... Take a look at this. Just watching the video makes you want to get up and learn their style of dance which I find so beautiful. I can't stop admiring their Spirit as they dance. Really nice.



It is a pleasure being here in Namibia, Such an amazing experience. Next post will be a Namibian recipe that I learned. 

Next stop on the book tour and my blogs 'Getting to know each Culture and it's foods' is Mozambique. Stay tuned.

God Bless
Elise

Comments

  1. Im glad you like your stay here with us in Namibia Mrs Elise..We thanked God that HE has used both of you to bless us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed it mrs elise,well it is just that the tripe was short,for you to explore the wildlife,sea meeting with Desert,dunes and much more.may the Lord bless you and your husband and thank you for blessing us may keep being vessels in God's hand.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes