Stuffed Zucchini


Oh my goodness... What a meal. Everyone in my house who tried it. Loved it...

So simple to make as well. You can do the same with squash or eggplant.

I first diced up some onions and peppers and put it in a pot and I added 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic. I let that cook in the pot with a little bit of oil for about 4 minutes. Once cooked I added my minced meat to the pot. I put in a bit of seasoning. Some salt, pepper, all purpose seasoning and onion powder.


Once cooked well. I chose to add a homemade tomato sauce which I made by dicing up small tomatoes and added it to my minced meat while it cooked and added about 2 tablespoons of water. As it cooked the tomatoes got mushy and the water helped it form a type of tomato sauce. I left it cooking on low. While I prepared the zucchini.



For the zucchini I first washed it and then cut it directly in half long wise.

 Then I took a spoon and carefully scooped out the inside of it. (The insides I put into the pot and allowed it to cook with my minced meat. It added a bit of flavor to it.) The zucchini shells I set aside.


I then buttered a small pyrex (just for the zucchini not to stick as well as to give the shell a nice crisp butter taste.) Then I took my minced meat filling a little at a time and spooned it into the shells neatly. Once I did that to all of them . I placed the stuffed shells into the oven under 350F for 20 minutes. That's all.


I chose to serve these stuffed Zucchini's with fresh whole corn on the cob. I peeled, washed and boiled them. Boiling them for about 12 minutes and serving them together. Really a great meal.

This meal would also be great with pasta or rice.

Enjoy, try something new today  :  )
God Bless

Comments

  1. I've eaten this before, so good! I would like to try it with different fillings :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes