Spaghetti and Meatballs


MMMM.... Who doesn't like 'Spaghetti and Meatballs' Italian and delicious

I made my hoe made meatballs by seasoning my minced meat with salt, pepper and all purpose seasonings. Then I diced up onions and peppers and added it to that. Once it was well seasoned I formed little balls and put it onto a greased baking tray and placed it in the oven until thoroughly cooked. About 45 minutes.



While my meatballs were in the oven. I boiled my spaghetti pasta for about 12 minutes. (Make sure to let your water boil before throwing in the pasta) I gave it what you call an ice bath. Where you rinse it in cold water and ice for a few minutes while you prepare the sauce. This helps the pasta not to stick together.



The sauce I made by putting a little bit of oil on the bottom of the pot and cooking a little bit of minced meat. Once it is really cooked I added about 2 cups of tomato sauce and let it simmer (cook on low heat for about 15 minutes and I added about 1/2 tsp of sugar to the sauce (yes, sugar) it helps even out the taste of the tomato sauce.

That's it. Once your done. Throw all of those things together and you have spaghetti, meatballs and tomato sauce. I served it with corn and parmesan cheese on top.

Enjoy

Comments

  1. Waw the plate is garnished! I didn't know I could put ice cubes on the pasta!? You taught me something! Thank! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?