Crab Stuffing stuffed fish

I served my 'Crab Stuffing stuffed fish' along with brown rice pilaf and a sweet salad. It had my taste buds jumping for joy, this meal was so good.

Rice Pilaf - You need: Brown or white rice, salt, diced onions,peppers and garlic, chicken stock
Can be done with brown or white rice. (I choose to use brown) Not a regular styled rice, it has more flavor  and ingredients added to it. This is a great rice to change up your regular rice dishes with. To make it you will need to substitute regular water with chicken stock.

I put a little oil in the pot and added a few diced onions, garlic and peppers. I let it cook until lightly browned then I added a pinch of salt and my 1 cup rice and 2 cups chicken stock. (If you are using white rice use 1 1/2 cups chicken stock instead) Then let it come to a boil. Once it boils turn the fire down to low - medium heat and (let cook for about 20 minutes for white rice and 40 minutes for brown rice.) Just until the water dries up. There you go, your Rice Pilaf.


Sweet Salad - For my veggie. I decided to make a sweet salad instead of a regular salad. So I added diced apples, raisins and lettuce with a few pieces of cut turkey slices. This was a great addition to my meal and I did not need any dressing at all since it was sweet I ate it as is.


Crab Stuffing Stuffed Fish - You Need: Tilapia fish, Crab meat, 1 tbsp mayonnaise, seasonings(salt, pepper,garlic salt), a squeeze of lemon, 1 tsp of milk, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1 tsp parmesan cheese.

I used Tilapia fish and firstly seasoned it very lightly. I then squeezed a bit of lemon juice onto the fish and put 1 tsp milk (which helps the fish stay soft and tender during cooking). Once this was done I prepared my stuffing.

Set aside and In a separate bowl mix together crabmeat and mayonnaise.

Preheat oven to 350F

Get a pyrex and put very little water on the bottom(this is to help the fish remain juicy as well as for it not to stick to the pan) Then put a spoonful of this mixture in the center of your fish and roll it up securing it with a toothpick to hold it in place; and put it into the pyrex.

Cover with aluminum foil and Place in the oven for about 25 minutes or until white and fully cooked, remove foil and leave cooking for about another 10 minutes to allow it to brown a bit.



While your fish is cooking prepare your sauce. By placing into a small pot your heavy cream, a few crabmeat pieces and parmesan cheese. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes until sauce thickens noticeably. When your fish comes out of oven pour sauce on top of fish.

Printable Recipe



Enjoy :  )

Comments

  1. mmmmmm! I will try this! I love to experiment new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) yes Dayrin this is extremely delicious and very simple to make. You should try it. I am sure you will like it : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?