Salmon 'The King of all fish'


Did you know, Salmon is highly nutritious. It both has and is a good source of Omega 3 fatty acids, protein, vitamin D, B12, niacin, B6, magnesium, calcium, selenium and being delicious.

Knowing what each and every one of these things are is not the subject at hand here. Something that has all of these vitamins and healthy, beneficial, good for your body stuff can't be a bad thing, right?  Not to mention the 'Being Delicious' factor...

I tend to cook salmon a lot here at home. Both I and my husband are big fish fans. Especially Salmon. I have cooked it many different styles. Each way I cook it, it all comes out tasting extraordinary. It's just really a good tasting fish.



Today for lunch. I chose to go the healthy route. So for lunch we ate a Salmon Salad.  My husbands idea. Sometimes I make chicken salads but this time I chose to make this Salmon salad which was really filling and extremely delectable. Really an enjoyable,  and nutritious lunch.

To cook my salmon all I did was season it with very little salt, pepper and garlic salt and then fried it in a pan with very, very little oil. about 1 tablespoon ( you can also use cooking spray) It's not to soak it in oil and deep fry that would take away the healthiness but pan frying in a bit of oil. You can also do the same thing and place it in the oven for about 15 minutes. I fried it for literraly 2 minutes or less per side.

Salmon cooks really quickly. Overcooking it makes it taste like plastic. All you need is about 3 minutes of frying it or 15 minutes in an already preheated oven.  That simple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes