Bread Pudding Fruit Torte


Ok, as I mentioned before. My husband and I love fruit. So the other day we went to try out this store called 'Sprouts' here in Dallas it is supposedly a great fresh fruit store (like a farmers market) so we spent $30 just on different fruits... Bad Choice...

The fruit was absolutely horrible. So I thought to myself GREAT. Now I have $30 worth of fruit sitting on my kitchen table and now they are starting to spoil because no one is eating them.

And then next week I will  be traveling for an entire week so that is when they are REALLY going to spoil. So I would have to just throw them out.

I had to think up a plan on what to do. So that is when I created this masterpiece :  )

The 'Bread Pudding Fruit Torte' So I started searching through my kitchen looking for anything that would possibly spoil while I travel. Anything that I had and that I could use to create something. I grabbed a bit of this and a bit of that and put them all together to make this.

I Grabbed bread and broke them into chunks, threw them into a pyrex and in a separate bowl mixed together 1 egg, 1/2 cup milk and a tiny bit of condensed milk I had left over. Then I poured that on top of my bread. Let it soak into the bread, pressing down lightly. Then placed it in the oven on 250F for 20 minutes while I prepared the fruit.

I Then cut up dices of the fruit I had which were pear, apple, pinnaple and strawberry and threw them in a frying pan with a teaspoon butter and 1/4 cup sugar and  1/2 tsp cinnamon. I cooked the fruit on low-medium heat for about 20 minutes while my bread cooked.

Once the bread was done, I poured my fruit on top. But I wanted some type of crunchy crust so I looked around and found a handful of oatmeal, raisins, chopped pecans, sugar and cinnamon. I put a little of each into a container and rubbed it all together with my hand. Then sprinkled it on top of the cooked fruit. I Placed it in the oven one more on 300F time for  about 10 minutes just for the crust to cook.

Thats It.  I made this delicious desert with basically,what I didn't have. Look at the layers. From bottom to top. Simple Bread pudding, caramelized fruit filling and a granola type crust.

I ate it warm with a scoop of vanilla Ice Cream. Really good...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes