Mediterranean style Shrimp Coconut


I made this yesterday and my husband loved it. It was a bit different from how we normally eat our shrimp. It was very flavorful and had a light kick of sweet. really good dish. I served it with rice and corn.

Mediterranean  style Shrimp Coconut

1 Pack shrimp
7oz coconut cream 
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
garlic, onion and pepper chopped
2 carrots cut into shrimp sized chunks
With my fire on medium high ; I put a little oil in the pot and sautéed together my onion, garlic, pepper and carrots together for about 2 minutes until it is all golden add just a little bit of salt (Very little for taste). Lower the heat  a bit. Then I add in my coconut cream and water and let cook for about 12 minutes. Just until the sauce thickens a bit.

Then add in your shrimp and cook together for about 5 minutes. It will thicken nicely. Once it is at a nice thicker sauce turn off the fire and add in you cilantro and mix. 

Thats it. Your done.  Tastes really, really good with rice.

Enjoy, Be bold and try it. It is a really different dish and is really tasty. You won't know how good it is until you try it. Believe me its worth trying. Really good, healthy and easy to make.

God Bless

Printable Recipe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes