Today's Healthy Meal


For todays Lunch I made Sweet potato shepherds pie and collard greens. I decided to cook simple and healthy for my family today. Have your ever heard of shepherds pie? Well I made it except I used sweet potato instead of potatoes. It adds an interesting flavor and is really delicious.


How to make it:

Sweet potato shepherds pie (if you want regular Shepherds pie. Do the same except use regular potatoes)

5 sweet potatoes
minced meat (I use turkey minced meat, it is way healthier and to me tastes better)
diced garlic,onions and pepper
1/4 cup milk
2tbsp butter

Peel and cut your sweet potatoes into big chunks. Boil it in water for about 15 - 20 minutes until it is soft. Mash it like mashed potatoes and put a little bit of butter and milk just to make it creamy. Set it aside.

In a separate pot put some oil and add your garlic, peppers and onions. If you like this add a lot but if you don't like it as much add it still for flavor but put a little. Sautee it for a few minutes until it gets golden then add in your minced meat and cook it for about 15 minutes until it is well browned and fully cooked. While cooking add in your seasonings. A little, salt, pepper, lawrys is what I used. (be careful to not over season) set it aside.

Grab a pyrex and put half of your mashed sweet potato on the bottom half of the pyrex then put a layer of your minced meat in the middle , Put the other half of your sweet potato on top and finish off with a little bit of your minced meat on the very top. If you choose you can sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top for extra flavor and looks.

Printable Recipe


Your done. Eat and enjoy.

Collard Greens
I bought it frozen. (As I have mentioned in an earlier post. frozen vegetables are preferred by me because they keep all of their nutrients and are quicker to make) and boiled it for about 20minutes and added garlic salt, salt and pepper. I used  cut up carrots to decorate it.

Quick, simple, healthy, easy and delicious

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes