Following Directions



Keeping to your measurements is extremely important.  Have you ever had a recipe go bad?


I have a friend who once tried to make a cake but decided to do it her way. She didn't follow the recipe given and added a little less of this and a little more of that. What she came out with was a weird tasting egg.

It says 1/2 cup of butter and you say no I like my cakes buttery so you go and add 1 cup, it says 2 cups of flour and you say no, I don't have flour but I have cornstarch and it looks like flour so I will add that instead. Well that is why your recipe is a disaster.  You need to stick to the measurements given. Be creative, but stick to the guidelines.

God Bless

Comments

  1. I saw your meausuring jug in the video you made about baking cookies from scratch. It was then that I actually found out what a "cup" really means. I would use something smaller, because I don't have a measuring jug and I would always have much too little dough or something. Then I would have to make again.

    I will be on the lookout for a measuring jug on my next grocery trip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes