Not used to cooking? Try something new


The idea for my blog www.inthekitchenwithelise.blogspot.com came about in October of 2011. I graduated from a technical high school in which I did a Culinary Arts program and graduated at the top of my class. I loved it. Cooking became an art to me, a way to de-stress and have fun.

   2 years later I got married and now I would need to put into practice all of my cooking skills learned.  My husband was extremely happy with my cooking. There is a saying that goes ‘A way to a man’s heart is through his stomach’ That is exactly what happened here. He absolutely loved my cooking, And I absolutely loved cooking for him.

   In the line of work that I do, I often come across many different people and many times sit down to speak to them. It became astonishing to me the number of people, ‘women in specific’ that did not know even a thing or two about cooking… literally. They conformed to simply just eating out on a daily basis. Eating all sorts of junk and fast foods. I kept thinking to myself, ‘gosh, that must be miserable. How can I help them’  Imagine how much money a person spends eating out everyday for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner. Imagine the health problems that come along with that. That’s why we have so much obesity in America. All that extra sodium, sugar and artificial flavors and preservatives consumed with this bad life stlye.

But what really got to me; was one day as I was sitting and speaking to a beautiful young lady, she was married. We somehow came across the subject of cooking  and she said to me ‘ No, I don’t cook at home’ My jaw dropped… ‘What!, so what do you eat? And what does your husband eat?’ ‘Oh, I just make us sandwiches’ ‘Sandwiches, OMG… Sandwiches… Imagine eating years and years worth of sandwiches… where are the hot meals and varieties to choose from, that fresh delicious scrumptious  hot meal…’ That’s it… I went home fuming. There has to be something I can do to help all these men and women who don’t know how to cook, and need to learn; without paying for those expensive and time consuming cooking course fees…

   BAM!!!!! It hit me. Do a blog, open up a site and share everything that you have learned and everything that you learn along the way. Teach people through videos, pictures, tips, recipes and ideas through step by step instructions on how to cook. From scratch. Delicious homemade, mouth watering dishes. Things that anyone can go into the kitchen not knowing how to do, and learn.

Since I did my first cooking post titled ‘Cooking 101’ I have had almost 84,000 people visit my blog, have hundreds of subscribers, followers and get many emails of people who have come to my blog and learned so many things about cooking. Many have emailed me on numerous occasions, stating how grateful they are to having such a blog available to them; for step by step instructions. I have testimonials of several blog viewers on how much they have grown, developed and learned about cooking. They knew nothing about it before and now they are great cooks.

I do what I can to help motivate the blog viewers to get to the cooking, to not be afraid to try the new recipes and make mistakes. Trying is what helps you get better at it. From time to time I even do free giveaways and contests within my blog for prizes, for whoever has been trying the most, making the most recipes etc. Its fun for both myself and the viewers.

My blog is free, you don’t have to sign up for recipes, you don’t have to subscribe if you don’t want to. You just enter, learn and enjoy. Helping people to learn something new to enjoy, something that will benefit them greatly is good enough for me.

From my kitchen to yours
God Bless

Elise Jackson

     


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cuscus from CaboVerde

Do you get a white ooze when cooking Salmon?

Chili's Loaded Mashed Potatoes